The best courts in Kent
We have the best badminton courts in Kent, let alone in the Beckenham and Bromley area. Our four court hall has been specifically designed for badminton – everything, from the lighting, to the sprung floor, to the spectator areas, has been done to international standards.
The club runs up to 18 teams in the Ravensbourne League, the Orpington League and the Croydon League. Team selection takes place in September.
What happens when I join?
Badminton membership gives you membership of one of our evening club sessions. Our evening sessions generally start at 7.30pm and you can stay until midnight if you wish! Each club session caters for players of a different standard and you will be offered a particular evening according to your own individual level. If the evening you’re initially offered does not suit you, we will try another, so you can be sure you will be in a session that suits you.
All subscriptions include the cost of shuttles for the club sessions, so there is nothing extra to pay. Our beginners / improvers section includes free coaching. If you wish to play outside the club sessions then you can book a court in the normal way and pay the court fee.
Badminton Club Sessions
- A Section – Monday evenings, 7.30pm onwards, 3 or 4 courts
- B Section – Wednesday evenings 7.00pm onwards, 4 courts
- C Section – Tuesday evenings, 7.00pm onwards, 3 or 4 courts
- D Section – Friday evenings, 7.30pm onwards, 3 courts
- G Section – Friday evenings. This is our beginners / improver’s section. 7.30pm – 8.30pm Free coaching, 8.30pm onwards general play, 1 court.
Each section has a representative who is one of the members. Their job is to make new members welcome and ensure that everyone gets games. A peg board system operates during the evenings. (not G section)